Financial Assistance Policies
Paws 4 A Cure reserves the right to suspend or revoke fundraising privileges, or suspend or close ongoing sponsor cases, at any time, with or without cause, with or without prior notice.
(1) Submission of an application:
a. Applications for financial assistance must be submitted by a qualified person. Any application received that is not qualified will not be considered;
b. Email is the preferred method of communication, however, documentation can also be submitted by fax or by mail;
· Requests and communications to Paws 4 A Cure Representatives and/or committee members may also be communicated using the methods above if applicable.
c. If an application received is incomplete, the application will not be considered, however, the applicant may submit a new, complete, application. Applicant will be notified in this instance;
d. All of the information provided on an application will be verified through several sources. If any information is falsified on an application, the applicants’ case will be closed without prior notice. Applicant will be made aware of the action;
e. Approved applications will cover the specific condition noted on the application and will not cover any additional conditions or treatments;
· Approved applications will only encompass the amount of funding requested and will not cover additional funding.
f. Any updates and/or conditional changes with your veterinarian must be communicated to the appropriate Paws 4 A Cure Representative;
g. Non-specific fundraising and emergency or ad hoc applications are to provide care on a singular, one-time basis.
(2) Fundraising is a crucial part of the ability to finance, in part, your pet’s care. Paws 4 A Cure encourages our clients to seek funding through donors. Paws 4 A Cure will also keep track of money raised through fundraising and communicate to our donors to make them aware of your additional funding needs. Paws 4 A Cure must be notified of any fundraising efforts.
(3) Paws 4 A Cure is required to be made aware of the following:
a) Any treatment or conditional updates from your veterinarian
b) The treatment schedule i.e., office visits, procedures, etc.
· Failure to notify Paws 4 A Cure on the above items may result in closure of your case and/or non-payment of veterinarian services;
(4) With the current economic crisis, our donations are at an all-time low and the number of applications received has increased considerably. Please visit our Helpful Resources page to apply to other organizations for additional financial assistance.
If your application is accepted, you are required to:
Provide a photo of your dog/cat,
Provide a story of why your dog/cat needs assistance,
Provide updates after treatment and their progress,
Let us know if your financial situation changes,
Fundraise by providing your family, friends and co-workers the link to the Paws Recipient page and your fundraising page set up by Paws 4 A Cure to help generate donations.
Please be advised that the maximum assistance available from Paws 4 A Cure is $500. If your application is approved, Paws 4 A Cure will set up a "fundraising page" in order to solicit these funds. The creation of a "fundraising page” is not a guarantee that the full (or any) amount applied for will be raised. All moneys that are received by Paws 4 A Cure through donations to a particular applicant's "fundraising page” will be disbursed to the veterinary office in accordance with Paws 4 A Cure’s general practice; provided, however, that any funds raised in excess of those for which the applicant initially applied (minus the assistance initially awarded directly by Paws 4 A Cure) shall be deposited into Paws 4 A Cure's general fund to assist other applicants. In order that Paws 4 A Cure may create a "fundraising page,” you will be required to provide: (i) a picture of your dog/cat, (ii) a family photo, including your dog/cat, (iii) your dog's/cat's story, (iv) information as to why additional assistance is necessary, and (v) a "thank you" to donors helping your dog/cat.
Please note that the treating veterinarian’s office or facility must be notified that a representative of Paws 4 A Cure is given permission to speak with the office regarding the animals veterinary care including diagnosis and treatment options.
The Paws 4 A Cure Organization must be provided with a veterinary report with regard to the animal illness or injury that requires financial assistance and a final report of treatment cost.
Your case file will be closed if we have not received your required documentation and/or heard back from you after 30 days of receipt of your online application.
** DO NOT COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION UNTIL YOU HAVE ALL OF YOUR REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION READY TO BE EMAILED OR FAXED. **